search engine optimisation and Conversion

Its like marriage. Really.

Having been married now coming up on 10 years with four children under 9 let me relate the 2 as I might my marriage, or any marriage for that matter.

Lets just say search engine optimization is the Man (in fact, all the time trying to figure out a problem regardless of the consequence) and Conversion is the woman. (You recognize the one involved in regards to the bottom line - money)

So, website positioning meets conversion. Every is equally convinced that their own agenda is a very powerful and ‘important’ to the success of the ‘marriage’.

Mr. search engine marketing says: “If I dont get your site visitors you wont have something to transform”

Mrs Conversion says “If all you do is give attention to getting visitors to your crappy website they’ll just go away the positioning and do NOTHING!”

So, what provides?

Of course.. we know the truth.. any profitable marriage only works when either side ‘give’ and respect the others viewpoint and actually if you wish to take it to the following degree, you really begin to thrive within the others agenda and thats where the magic starts.. you already know, after dark normally.

So, again how does this work. I feel you see the picture.

I actually like SEO. The truth is, I prefer it too much. It blinds me to the larger purpose and that is to provide something that may last and that has a revenue - whether or not its financial or just in reaching the objective for the location other than reaching my XXX,XXX,XXX th visitor.

It really pains me to start playing around with my site(s) and shifting things round, getting my designer to vary an image. It actually really does even after I’ve accomplished it and proved that it made extra money I’ll discover myself obsessing once more over my stats simply trying a the little bar graphs and wondering why it went down at a 7 degree angle for the DAY. I mean, its ridiculous.

The artwork of conversion is crucial. I mean, take into consideration it. Lets say you've gotten a little new site thats getting 200 distinctive guests a day and you may’t wait to get to 300 a day. Why wouldn’t I take the time to determine how to serve these 200 prospects before I get to 300? I’m undecided, however I know I do it over and over.

Take it from me. STOP and take heed to your wife. She’s right - a lot of the time.