I am not going to lie. I used to be Catholic. But considered one of my reasons for my devoted departure was having to tell my innermost secrets- my sins- to a silhouetted determine behind a latticed screen. With the creepy enclosed sales space structure and separation of sinner and confessor, its anonymity was clear, but deceiving. You always knew the priest and he always knew you. If I wanted total privateness, was there actually a necessity for this intermediary to God?

In some ways, I would say a personal room at a strip club is extra nameless than the confessional. However in right now's internet tradition, the place Facebook takes all anonymity away from one's self, it is does not appear to be that massive of deal anymore. And with our overgrowing technological dependency, the place iPads and iPhones are in everyone's fingers, making penitence simply got a whole lot easier (albeit even much less private).

Le's face it. We're all addicted to our smartphones and the most recent functions on the market. And the Catholic Church is finally taking advantage with their Confession app for Apple iOS devices.

Designed for use within the confessional, this app is the right aid for each penitent. With a personalised examination of conscience for each user, password protected profiles, and a step-by-step information to the sacrament, this app invites Catholics to prayerfully prepare for and take part in the Rite of Penance. Individuals who have been away from the sacrament for a while will discover Confession: A Roman Catholic App to be a helpful and alluring tool.

Maybe if we had iPhones once I was youthful, I may have been sucked into staying. They say this app encourages lapsed followers to come back to their religion, but for me it is too late.

The one factor this app would not do- provide you with absolution. You continue to need to go odor the candy stench of sin and salvation in your native confessional stand.